Powered By Blogger

Welcome to the Guelph Automotive Detailing Blog

Diamond Detailing is high in demand! With people coming to Guelph from all over Ontario for our detailing services and those coming up from the United States to experience the VIP Emerald Elite Diamond Detailing Package - North America's most expensive and finest auto detailing for luxury and exotic cars our time has become precious. The phones are ringing off the hook, the website is flooded and customers have made repeated requests for a journal of daily experiences I encounter. In effort to meet our customer's demands for more insight we added this Guelph automotive detailing blog. We hope you will find the latest news on the projects and experiences that we encounter to be informative, humorous and addictive.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Pro's VS The Joe's

Well my latest blog Amateur poachers a disgrace to the auto detailing industry stirred up quite a buzz. I have received positive feedback from several people, but the one I want to talk about is the one titled pro's detailers vs the jo detailers 1-0. A detailer in Toronto just wanted to say that it was about time someone stood up to expose the truth and begin educating customers. He said the industry needs to be redefined to separate the amateurs from the pro's because all to many times he has seen shops sell themselves as professional detailers with 9 years experience but their workmanship is no more than that of amateur level. He added that time alone does not make you a professional and I must agree.

I too, have met many who think that the time factor alone makes them a professional. In fact, I spoke to one today who is local in the city. These guys took 3 month's training, bought a franchise and now they are pro's. This amazes me; these people who wash cars, do express details or have nothing more than amateur skills to offer, honestly believe they are professional detailers and sell themselves as such. What's worse is the customers buy into it and end up paying these amateurs to damage their cars. This is why consumer education is so important. Clients need to be aware of the potential risks they are taking when they contract unskilled car cleaners and be able to see the difference between what the pseudo pro and a real pro or master can do. Once customers have experienced the difference, see the financial rewards and the long-term outcome of having a real professional care for their car they will never turn back.

I also received other emails from people who just wanted to share their car detailing horror stories. Each one is important and unfortunate. I feel badly for these people but the stories they told are not unlike the ones I hear on a daily basis. Individuals sold them on a valued professional service, took their money only to deliver less than professional results and in many cases their prized possessions were marred.

I should add that some of these people wanted to know the who and where of it all but I'll tell you the same thing I told them - as much as I would like to put a stop to bad business practices I can't name names. It isn't my responsibility to tell you who to avoid. It is ultimately up to the consumer to figure out who is a pro auto detailer and who is a joe detailer. All I can do is recommend other professionals.

Diamond Detailing Pro Shop